Ever since the beginning of the pandemic, the uncertainty of the situation has subjected the world to a newfound level of stress. Apart from the very obvious threat to life, most of the working sector found themselves worried about job security and couldn’t picture a future. These unforeseen events led to a wave of anxiety and sleeplessness amongst the people. As there was nothing we could do during this time except to keep ourselves and our family safe, there was a need to adopt coping techniques to function to our best abilities during this stressful time. Stress is capable of harming your physical and mental wellness in more ways than you can imagine. Many practices can be taken up to counter the stress that comes your way and living a stress-free life is the goal for a vast majority of people but it is easier said than done considering the current scenario.
How to create your personal meditation space?
Mediation is an opportunity to get in touch with your inner self and deal with any stress you’ve been facing. Homes are our sanctuary where we let loose and be ourselves comfortably and one can’t have a better place to start meditation other than their own home. That leads to the obvious question, how can you create a space for meditation? You don’t need to designate an entire room, simple management of space is the way to go. Don’t worry, we’ll help you out!
- Keep your phones and computers away from the space as they are nothing but distractions when you’re trying to find peace
- Pick a spot where you feel good and a view will boost the effect of meditation
- Staying minimalistic is the way to go. The space reflects your mind and the emptier the space, the more peaceful your mind will be.
- Use scented candles and peaceful lighting to enhance the feel of the space
- Keep the room clean and make it comfortable, there are no compulsions that meditation happens on the floor or a mat. You can sit on the bed or a comfortable cushion.
- Make use of indoor plants as they are natural detoxifiers and will enhance the serenity you find after meditation
- Create boundaries that distinguish your other personal spaces from the meditation space
- Use peaceful music or guided meditation techniques
- Choose light colors for the meditation space
Tips to meditate at home
- Enter the space with absolutely no expectations as that leads to overthinking
- Create a schedule and try to stick to it as that develops a routine
- Allot a fixed space for meditation
- Take a deep breath and a couple of moments to clear your mind before you go for it
- Use soothing music or guided meditation to help you out
- Avoid movement or fidgeting during this time as that disrupts the flow you seek
- Focus on your breaths as they are the most important aspect of meditation
- Once you’re done meditating, initiate movements very slowly, don’t rush to get up
- Acknowledge your reality and get in touch with your inner emotions
At Pyramid Lifestyle, we build contemporary homes that match the need of the time. The homes are spacious and located in great locales of the city that ease your commute. With great views and amenities, we aim for our customers to find utmost peace of mind in our beautifully designed premises. Visit www.pyramidlifestyle.com to know more about us and our work. Get in touch with us for site visits and any queries.